You are twelve. for twelve years now, you and I have walked this moer/son road together. You are the child that made me a mother, then a mom and now a mom - sometimes said with exasperation and contempt. In addition to the rand McNally stretch marks on my once flat belly you have made me a large part of who I am. You were the one who got me out of bed at 2 AM and could make me read "just one more story book because my eyes still aren't sleepy". You are the one I learn from this motherhood thing from. You are the one blazing my parenting trail - make the path easier for your brothers. You are the one who made me glad to be the mother of a son and not a daughter. You are my first born son.
Twelve things I love about you
1. As much as I was not fond of your long hair, I love why you grew it out. I love the quiet way you take a stand.
2. I love your quirky, sometimes sarcastic (no clue where you got that from) sense of humour.
3 . The way you call your brothers midgets makes me laugh - when I shouldn't. even though we admonish you for it - we inwardly laugh.
4. I love that even though you are a cool big kid now, you still bring me flowers that you picked - hopefully not from other people's yards.
5. I enjoy watching you become more sure of yourself and your abilities.
6. I am proud of the way, even though it kind of hurts my heart, that you are starting to show you can be independent and can make good decisions.
7. I love the sparkle in your green/brown eyes.
8. I delight in the fact that a good fat book is all you need to amuse yourself.
9. I love watching your imagination come to life
10. The Die Tinky winky song 'nuff said
11. I love that you can make omletes
12 I love the way you love your younest brother - the one you hoped would be a girl.
and one more to grow on
I am glad you are a boys and have way bigger feet than me already so you can never ever borrow my shoes.