Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Monday, WHy is it ALWAYS Monday?

If I where a week day I wouldn't want to be Monday.

Everybody hates Monday - it follows Sunday - the day of rest.

It is the sharp jolt to end the weekend.

I woke up this morning with my human alarm clock and the first thing that crept into my mind, after I made sure she was happy was "Oh Crap it's Monday...WHY is it ALWAYS Monday?"

Then I realized the sound above my head was not the dog running around upstairs, nor was it my boys stomping around getting ready to start the school week. No, it was thunder. All I really wanted to do was go back to sleep.

I think if I were a weekday, I'd want to be Thursday. Thursday is a a day of anticipation. It's a day of promise. The weekend isn't quite upon us. Thursday hold the promise of great and wonderful adventures. Thursday hold the promise of dinner with friends, road trips to the beach, or just lazing around with a good book and a glass of wine.

yes, I want to be Thursday.

No comments: