Thursday, February 22, 2007

Fast from thoughts that weaken; feast on promises that inspire.

This was my favorite line - today any way

Fast from thoughts that weaken; feast on promises that inspire.

For me it is so easy to let all the "I have to's" and "need to's" get to me that sometimes I forget to stop, take a breath and look around me at the simple beautiful things. I was reminded of the simplicity of things today when Joey and I took a walk to the play area in our neighborhood. He was walking in front of me, dancing with his shadow, bending and swaying to meet the light. He was laughing and swirling and running. Simply enjoying the day that God made for us. When we got to the park he took off his shoes (he's so my son) and let the warm shredded tires slide between his toes and he ran to the swings. He threw his body into the swing spread his arms and FLEW.

For a minute I watched him and laughed as he giggled with delight. I took of my sandals and let the mulch warm my feet then I grabbed the swing beside him and soared - forgetting about the program book I am working on, the bills that need to be mailed, the housework and "what's for dinner "(In this house DINNER is a bug deal LOL). For a few minutes I let the wind blow through my hair. For a few minutes I flew. For a few minutes I simply took the time to stop and breathe in te beauty of God's perfect day.

So today, I am inspired by my three year old son. I am inspired by the beauty of God's day. I am inspired by the blue sky and the bird's nest, high a top a newly budding tree, we saw on our walk home and the dandeliions that have popped up in my yard. This afternoon Weed B Gone will inspire me as I battle the dandelions.

No comments: